Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Monday 12 April 2010

Texas here i come

Hay people.


Well when I got back to Woodstock on the Thursday. Instead of carrying on, I went home. The other driver I had to pick up in Toronto, I was so glad to get him out of my truck when we got back. He never shut up moaning from start to finish. He seamed to be one of these people that no matter what you do, you cannot please him. He kept stopping as well, which made us run behind time with a very urgent load. On the Friday morning while I was off, work phoned me up to apologise for having to put up with him. They must have read my mind knowing what he is like lol Free Emoticons I just said, the next time they want me to pick a driver up, that no looser’s are allowed lol. Free Emoticons

I had a great couple of days off. On the Saturday, we all went down to Fredericton to take the kids to a in door play place, but ended up in the shopping mall instead. They have a little play gym in there also, so they had fun on that for a while. We can not walk past a kids ride without the kids going on every single one. Luckily they are not bothered if they are moving or not. lol Free Emoticons So they had loads of fun in the mall. Then it was off to McDonalds where they have another kids play gym so again we stayed in there for a while. Then it was the usual one hours drive back home.

My truck came back early again. Late Saturday night in fact. So Sunday morning I got back in the truck to have a great load going to Houston, Texas. A four days drive, but again the trailer sat in the yard for a day leaving me three days to get there, so I maybe late. They had not fixed the air-con when we got back last week as the truck have to go after a quick greasing. So before I hooked up, I got them to fix it, as I knew the weather is 27+ down there. Im sat in Wytheville, Virginia at the moment, just over half way. Im going to be setting off early hours in the morning, then the same on delivery day, so with the 2hr time difference and me setting off early, I may get there more or less on time. I will let you know.

My route im taking
Great to see some Colour on the trees again

4 comments:

Dave Caldwell said...

Thats a nice trip Dave, hope you can speak spanish mate lol enjoy texas.

Driver Dave said...

Hi Dave
Yea I remember the last time i came down here. Great weather today, only 30 degrees :-)

Peter C said...

Hi Dave

I have been following your blog from here in Australia. Just wanted to say it's always good reading and it's appreciated that you and others such as Dave Caldwell take the time to do it and give other people an insight into your lives & experiences in Canada.

Cheers

Pete

Driver Dave said...

Hi Pete
Thank you for your kind words. Reading Blogs was the way I learned as much as I did before arriving in Canada, so I wanted to do the same for others like yourself. So it’s a pleasure. Enjoy.