Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Saturday 7 August 2010

Im here.

Hay people


So I guess you have been wondering where I have been….still here working hard and doing great miles as usual. Thanks for the emails guys.

The reason I have not updated the blog in a while was, when I was home just after my last post. Someone, that does not even know me, or even met me, decided to make nasty comments about me personally on another public website. They had been listening to someone that thinks they know everything and is always right. You know the type, but they are far from it. Plus they tried to tell me how I should do my blog. I had to put them very straight about that too. My blog is to keep my family and friends up to date on what I‘m up to, giving them an insight to a life as a long haul truck driver through my eyes and experiences. It is not an information website about the ins and outs of Ayr Motor. I only reference them because I work there and nothing else. If my blog helps others learn about what its like to work and live in Canada as a long haul truck driver, well im really pleased that I can help, but im sure not for one second do they think things will be the same as my experiences. We all have are own experiences, you only have to read the other blogs I follow to see that. My friends and family will tell anyone I’m as honest as they come even more so that I tell it as it is and don’t sugar coat anything. I have been the same with this blog, but I only put things down if I experience it. If you guys have read the blog from day one, you will see it has not always been easy working for Ayr. They are an hard company to work for if you don’t adapt to their way, but as soon as you work their way and really hard, they will look after you. At the end of the day, the more you earn, the more Ayr do to, but enough about them. Like I said, this blog is about me and not Ayr. I put some about my family, but Emma has her own way of letting our family and friends know what we are up to, well what she is up to, I’m never there Free Emoticons

After the nasty comments made about me, I got all disheartened and wondered why I bother. This blog takes me hours to do, with thinking what to write, well trying to remember what I have been up to, sifting through the hundreds of pictures I take and putting some up for you to see etc. several of you have emailed me wondering where I am, and one of them really stuck out. This guy was in Canada on vacation all the way from Australia. He was going to be going through Montreal and Quebec and would have liked to go and have a chat with Ayr, but it would have been the weekend when he would have arrived. Not realising someone would have been there, he wanted to drive that extra six and half hours anyway, just to show his other half where I, Driver Dave lived. How nice was that? This and the other emails made me realise, I have a lot more followers out there than nasty people, so thanks to you guys, im going to carry on with the blog. Free Emoticons Sorry I have not updated in a while. It just did my head in when I try to help people as much as I can and some just want to put me down. Anyway im back and will update you regular again.

I have been working really hard as usual. My last time out, I was out for nearly three weeks. With it been vacation season, a lot of drivers are off, so people like me ended up staying out longer and a lot of the teams have been temporally split up, just so no truck is sat in the yard doing nothing. Joe would never allow a truck to sit in the yard not earning. that’s why he put spare drivers in them when people like me are off, just so the truck never stops. This trip I went out on the 2nd. I had a good two and half days off before hand. On the Sunday, Woodstock had their summer parade. It must have been two miles long. Straight after that we popped into town and while I was in a shop, Emma heard on the radio about a summer fair in Presque Isle, Maine. So we got our passports, crossed the border and went up there. It was a big fair along with shows like truck mud racing, Tractor rides, petting Zoo and tiger show. we all had a good time. I took loads of pictures but on Emma’s camera, so will add some on the next post. When I got back in the truck on the 2nd, I didn’t go straight into the states like I normally do I took a load to Quebec, then picked up for Ontario where I then picked up for Memphis, Tennessee, I thought of you Auntie pam on my way past.

then my reload was from Batesville, Mississippi, which is going to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, but I’m taking it to Woodstock so I can switch for another load going somewhere else. Not sure where yet as I’m still two days away. So till next time I will leave you with a few picture out of the hundreds I have took. Have a great day. Free Emoticons
The Temp out side while I was driving today at 5.34pm.
Stepping out of a cab of 19 degrees into 37 degrees really hits you
Nashville, Tennessee
Because of the hot weather I bought a fan to keep me cool.
Everyone else just leaves there engines running all night with air con on.
I like to save money and Engine wear.
Their vacation did not have a good start. R.V. trailer on it roof
The longest queue to cross the border from Canada to Michigan I have every been in.
It only normally takes me two mins to cross.
Prescott, Ontario
One of the U.S. Aircraft carriers at the large Navel Base at Virginia Beach
Tunnel Virginia Beach
With the hot weather the states have alot of Thunder Storms
Queue's at the Toll Booths
one of the towns in Pennsylvania
I guess they have been for sale a long long time

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see your Blog is back on the Road.All the best to you and your family....From ? take care

Garvs11 said...

Mate dont worry about people write about you,No marks with nothing better to do,i believe ive been in the spotlight to but i dont give two F**ks about the gossipers especially when they dont even know you.
keep it up Dave

Gary Stringer said...

Keep up the good work Dave,i enjoy reading your blog makes me wish i was there in canada but still stuck in the uk lol,take no notice of the nasty comments.

Mick Flynn Images said...

Dave, people have different experiences and opinions, so even if they disagree with you, don't let them put you off posting about your trips, and lifestyle in Canada.

I've practically stopped posting comments on peoples blogs now because I have a reputation for being critical, but if you want to keep things just for your family, no probs.
Drive safe.

Anonymous said...

Dave great to see you back pal dont let these sad sour old men ruin your veiws of others.

John

peter davies said...

keep up the good work,dave,forget the ignoRANT, youu have a 1st class blog.

Peter

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, glad to see your back blogging, forget about all those that like to put others down they are just a waste of space.
I was looking at moving to Canada, but its on hold for now, maybee forever who knows, but i still like to read yours and others tales of life on the open highway, keep up the good work, and keep posting them pics especially the truck pics makes me sooooo jealous.
Stay safe, Steve.

Driver Dave said...

Hay you guys.
thanks for the support. Its really nice to know that the hard work put into the blog, is Appreciated by others as well as my family and friends. I enjoy doing the blog more, knowing people like you guys enjoy reading it.

Mick thank mate, you can comment as often as you like, I don’t mind.

Steve I will not rub it in that my bed in the truck is twice the size of European trucks lol if you ever have requests of pictures let me know and I will see what I can do

Thank you all again

mark said...

hey Dave thought i was out here on my own but your all back, trying to post as often as i can from here in saskatoon everything going well off to school next week in moose jaw so should just about be sorted, done all thw written tests just the road test and practical air brake now

mark

Driver Dave said...

Hay Mark
Glad things are going well. Keep it up. glad to see you are are updateing the blog more. Good Luck with the rest of the tests, im sure you will walk it.