Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Thursday 23 December 2010

Merry Christmas every one

Hay guys. So im back from another busy couple of weeks. I finally got ride of Scott and palmed him off onto a mate of mine. Free Emoticons I did enjoy training Scott, as he is a really nice guy and fun too, but at the end of the day, I do prefer to be on my own, so I completed his training and this time out, I was back on my own. I was due out on the Tuesday, but the truck did not get back till late that night, so it was midnight gone before I got to the truck, I was not impressed having to drag my kids out of bed on a very cold night just to take me back to the truck, which was still not ready to go, as the workshop only have half the staff at night, and they was over run. It was 3.30am before I was able to set off. The delivery had to be made by 7am the following morning, over 700 miles away, so I had to drive for a couple of hours till early in the morning, so I could do the rest of the miles that night to get to my delivery in Oxford, Pennsylvania on time. My reload was from Kimberton, PA which I took back to Toronto and dropped it in our yard. With it been Christmas, we had a lot more loads going out west, so my reload was going to Winnipeg. I was not looking forward to that either. My driving hours where still a lot over night as once you start at night, it takes days to slowly bring you more into day time driving, and with the route going across Northern Ontario, where it can be really bad weather wise at night, I was expecting to not have much fun. How I did it I don’t know, but I managed to avoid snow storms for both weeks, except a little flurry on the last night on my way home. There was snow everywhere I went, but the roads was clear.

I was either ahead of the storms, or on the roads after they had been cleared. I missed some real bad storms, that shut roads off and ever border crossings for days.

 It was really cold though. To give you an idea, one morning just before the sun came up, it was -34 degrees C, lovely. Free Emoticons
The exhaust stacks show you how cold it was.
I made Winnipeg in really good time, then it was off to Harrisonville, Missouri, reloading in Lee Summit, Missouri, which was going back to Toronto. Because I was planned to go home on the Tuesday, it was limited to what loads I could do been so close to the weekend so after unloading I picked up my reload in the Toronto yard which was going Sherbrook, Quebec. Then I switched in Montreal for a load going to Moncton, New Brunswick, but I had to switch with an owner operator in St Leonard, New Brunswick. His load was going to Niagara Falls, but I just needed to drop it at our yard in Toronto. Then I switched for a load I needed to bring back to Woodstock, where I got back late Sunday night two days early than expected, only because I put some long hours in. So it was not much point me going out again, as I would not be able to go far, so home I came. Over 12 days I covered just under 6900 miles. I was expecting to be home till Boxing day, but they did ask if I would not mind doing just a trip to Nova Scotia and back or something like that. Which was suppose to be today, but I was in the dentist chair when they rang me so it maybe tomorrow now. I would not be in my own truck though as a team is in it till boxing day. Christmas day, is the only day of the year, when Joe lets any of his trucks stand not working, and because everyone wants the same time off and are going home before Christmas day, they will start and run out of spare drivers to keep the trucks running till Christmas Day, hence the reason they want me to take someone else’s truck for a day. So lets see what happens.

Anyway its time to wish all our friends, family, and followers a very Merry Christmas, and a great New Year, and I will be back soon to keep you up to date on what we have been up to.

What do you think to my new Computer Stand?
 I made it myself for less than $10 and it fastens to the passenger seat base to stop it moving.
To buy somthing in a truck stop to do the same job would cost $249
You would not know I had the truck washed a couple of days before.
Some nice old cars for sale
I was counting the carriages on the train on the left with two containers on each.
I gave up at 60 Free Emoticons
One big Snowman Free Emoticons


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family from Joe from Bavaria :)
Have a good year 2011 and drive careful.

Driver Dave said...

Thank you Joe and same to you