Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Happy New Year

Happy new year to one and all. Hope you all had a great Christmas and better new year.

Well I went out on the road boxing day morning. With a nice trip away from the snow again, this time to North Carolina. I must have been delivering in a really posh part of North Carolina. All the houses was in gated communities, one after another. Notice also, no snow. It was the warmest place I have ever been on Christmas week. It was 12 degrees C



Then my collection was in South Carolina, which was actually only 36 miles away. It was even warmer there. That was going back to Toronto. When I got there. I had to pick u a brand new driver that was coming to work for us. He is 70 year old. He was an owner operator then sold his truck a few weeks ago ready to retire, but was so bored. So when his mate rang him that works for Ayr and asked him if he wanted to team up he jumped at the chance. So I had to take him to Woodstock for his orientation, as my reload was going that way. I was back early morning on the 30th covering 2400 miles over the four days. Then on the 31st I got into another truck. This time a brand new one. Only been on the road a few weeks. Only teams get to keep new trucks, so I was only in it till today, Monday when a team was going to take it over. This time I covered 2700 miles in the four days. I only stayed in Canada between Toronto and Nova Scotia though. I had a lot of snow to put up with aswell. On Saturday I had to cut my day short as the snow on the roads was really bad. The snow flakes where the size of golf balls. They predicted 26 inch of snow over a 24hr period. But here in NB. That dropped in just a couple of hours. I was following a line of cars at one point, but even with all our tyre tracks, there was still six inch of snow in our lane. They came to an hill and started to slow to a stop. I had the lightest load on ever so could not afford to stop as I would not have the weight to give me grip if I stopped. So I pulled into the none used lane to try and get passed them. It was that deep it just brought the truck to a sudden halt. I got out and sank in to the snow. Luckily a plow came passed me doing the lane I was in, so I manged to reverse back into that lane and set off again. The next truck stop I came to I called it a day, but only planed to have my minimum hours off then set off again. Turned out it was a good call. It was raining when I woke at 3am, so the roads was all clear, which allowed me to make my delivery on time.
Anyway I'm planed out again tomorrow. So here are a few more pic's for you.
 
See how high that snow pile is compared to the car

Toronto New Years Day.

Montreal New Years Day. Typical French. Just do not know when to take a day off.

That is not snow on the screen. It is Ice. Having to stop every few mins to break it off the wipers is not fun.

A couple of casualties







Recognize this? They have them here too

All the white you see beyond that house should be water.

No comments: