Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Thursday 21 January 2010

Sunny days

Here again. Well I got into 890 on the Saturday, my favourite type of truck, International Prostar, same as the one I had, 833. It is assigned to a German dude that dresses like a cowboy permanently. His floor mat was well warn. Must have been made by his spurs. Free Emoticons Nice truck though, he looks after it, even carpeted it throughout.

Anyway my first trip was a two drop. I don’t get many of those. First was a place called Independence, Virginia. The second was Laurens, South Carolina. On the second day, it rained all the way down. After seven hours solid driving, I had to stop for 15mins and have a walk round. It takes it out of you a lot more driving in the rain. When I set off again. By the time I got to Independence, the rain had slowed down. I parked up at the customer ready to off load the following morning. When I got up. It was dry and the sun was coming up. As I was doing the pre-trip on the truck. I noticed the air-con belt hanging down snapped. One of the pulleys was seized plus I did not have a spare anyway. It was no biggy though, it was still winter. Yea right. By the time I had set off down to my second drop I stopped at the Flying J in South Carolina to fuel and have my shower, and it was well warm.


This is what the temp was when I got back to the truck. 35 degrees 'C'. that’s because the censor was on the roof and I was parked pointing the sun. I was walking round in a T shirt. Free EmoticonsWell nice to get away from the snow for a few days. Once I was driving again it did go down to 21 degrees but still well nice, except no air-con, remember! what a bummer. When I got my last drop done it was off to Lexington SC for my collection which was going back to Hamilton, Ontario, back to the cold. It was not bad really. Just in the plus figures. Roads nice and dry etc. then my reload from Ontario was going back to Woodstock. It had not really snowed for ages. Then I kept getting fleet messages over the satellite says to take it easy in New Brunswick as they had bad snow. So was expecting the worst, but the roads where totally clear and dry all the way back…till 45 miles north off Woodstock. Then you could tell there had been a little snow as only one lane was clear. So I thought. Then when I pulled off the highway at Woodstock, I was met by totally covered roads and a foot of snow in the yard again. It had all melted before I left. Well where high traffic went anyway. The cars in the car park was totally covered again. For the first time I wished I had snow boots or wellies Free Emoticons Well I got out the truck last night. So 5 days in the truck covering 3100 miles. Doing that kind of miles seams not far at all, till last time I was off. I had my favourite TV channel on, property developing and first time buyers etc. Property developing was my hobby back in the UK. Anyway there was one of the English property search programs on and this couple was wanting to move from Richmond in London to somewhere in Europe. She said it was 900 miles away. I had never really thought about how close places like Italy was to drive. 3100 miles would mean I could drive from my home town in the Uk to Milan, Italy, back to my home town then back to Milan and still not covered those miles. So when you think of it like that, it is far.

Anyway im back in a truck in the morning, only for 24hr though as its my youngest sons 3rd birthday next week. So I have asked for Saturday off to take him out for the day. So till next time, have a nice dayyyyy

This road in red on the GPS was in South Carolina.
very windy 5% down grade road. You can't see the bit on the bottom that joins the left one to the right one. Look in the bottom left hand corner of the GPS for my speed. That was as fast as i dare go.

This is how high up the side of this mountain that windy road was.

It did get straighter



Back in snowy Canada

No comments: