Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Saturday 4 September 2010

Happy Labour Day

Back again. Emma and the kids have been here one year now. Feels alot longer than that.
Well I went out on Sunday as expected. My truck came in over night. Was serviced and everything. I rang at 8am and they said yep its all ready to go. I thought wicked, I finally get to go out early for a change, yea right. By the time I was ready, kit in the car and down to the shop. My truck was back in the shop. Not impressed. The mechanics decided to spend another $4000 on it and put more new bits on to try and cure the warning lights keep coming on. These Prostars have a common fault with the exhaust filter. Its something fitted to make the trucks more eco friendly, but always cause problems. They cost $8000 to replace, but don’t last five mins. They must have spent $6000 so far just to minimizes the problem. The truck runs great, but only because they have made these changers. Joe hates brake downs as that causes delays with loads, that’s why he highly maintains the trucks all the time.

Anyway my load was going to Uhrichville, Ohio. Got there the night before so was off loaded in the morning really quick. My reload was half an hour down the road in Canton, Ohio. I was loaded in 45mins which was fantastic. I had never had such a fast off load and reload all the time I have lived here. Normally delivery days puts hours onto your day, not this time. I was back across the border and to our Toronto yard the same day. I switched for a trailer I needed to take to Woodstock. I got there last thing at night and they wanted to work on the truck over night again, so I went home for the night. It had been 34 degrees in the day in Woodstock. At 8pm it was still 30 degrees then 1130pm when I went to bed it was still 26 degrees. A day cab brought my load up from Nova Scotia for me and arrived at 7am so I got there bright and early as Joe don’t like loads hanging around. The load was going to Scranton, Pennsylvania, but still not cleared at customs, so they gave me a choice to either take a load to New Jersey, or wait 2hr to get customs clearance. The answer was a no brainer. Ill Wait Free Emoticons New Jersey is such a pain. So Joe gave me $10 to go and get my breakfast at the truck stop while I wait. Excellent. Free Emoticons Once cleared I set off and got there after 10.5hrs driving. Off loaded in the morning. Then down to Hanover, Pennsylvania for my reload. I have been there many times and never noticed they had a Aldi there. They are all over the US but none in Canada. I will have to try and remember for next time and go shopping for the bargins. Free Emoticons I got there at 3pm to be told my load would not be ready till 2am, bummer, but it was not too bad. I had been doing over my average hours each day so needed to slow down anyways, so I was not worried. Then a bit later, I gets the message to collect a different load from the same place, that was ready. So I got out of there and drove till 11pm last night. Then dropped the load at our Montreal yard this afternoon switching for a load I needed to take to our Toronto yard where I will collect a load going back to Woodstock. I wont get there till Monday though. Which is labour day. The last bank holiday of the summer. In the past seven days I have done 3800 miles so far, which is normal for me.

There was a tornado heading for the south of New Brunswick today. Emma said it was raining hard but no wind so all ok. It should have passed by the time I get there hopefully. I have had enough of the wind myself today. Its not funny when you only have a really light load on. Free Emoticons

Anyway that puts you all up to date till next time have a nice dayyy. Free Emoticons

This is the view I see inside the truck when I wake up
As you can see I was still in bed
This is from my feet end
Even though we are still having hot weather,
the trees are telling us its nearly over again


This dude means serious fishing business
This old dude in the red Convertible was only going 40mph holding everyone up

No comments: