Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Sunday 3 April 2011

TV series opportunity

Hey people. So winter in Canada is still not willing to give up just yet.

Just before I went out last time. A TV Director from Dragonfly Film and Television Productions Ltd contacted me asking me if I was interested in been in a new TV series they will be filming this summer. Im still thinking about it, but they are looking for others too. Here are the details.

Dragonfly TV is currently looking for intrepid truck drivers to take part in an exciting new series entitled 'Worlds Toughest Truckers' (working title). The series will feature highly skilled truck drivers from around the world competing against each other in a competition of skill, pace and mental strength. They will be taking on trucking routes around the world which include some of the world's most infamous roads and hard to handle cargo. The series will be filmed between June and August and any professional truck drivers who believe they have the skill and strength to become the 'Worlds Toughest Trucker' should Contact truckers@dragonfly.tv


I got my truck back on the Monday and seen where I was going. I had the biggest smile on my face. We have several loads go there every week, but Its been exactly a year since I last went there, but finally I get this fantastic load, down to where the sun was hot, the Lone Star State

 Texas. I was well happy, even though at first I thought my Air Conditioning was faulty. I didn’t care, I was willing to put up with no AC, just to be able to take this load. Free Emoticons It takes four days at nine hours per day to get there. The first day was snow flurries most of the way, but by the third day it was really warm, so I decided to connect my AC back up and see if it would work, and luckily it worked fine. I had to disconnect it at the end of last summer. Some how it was making my engine fan come on and run all the time, which takes some power of the engine. With the weather cooling down, I was not worried. Im told all the AC parts have been replaced, before I got the truck, but it still not solved the problem, but turns out it behaves as long as the AC is turned on all the time. Well I got to Houston, mid afternoon their time on the Thursday, with temps in the region of 30 degrees C. it was great.
My new Temp Gauge
 I switched trailers, then went straight down to my reload in Sugar Land, Texas. It was one of our big customers that normally have a 24hr operation, That way then they could load me on my off time. I get there at 5pm, im told to back onto a bay and they will come get me when finished. I watched TV for a few hours then dosed off. 2.30am I wake up, popped in the office to see if they have loaded me. I sleep like a brick, so I don’t normally notice. They tell me then, that they only load between 7am and 3pm. What a pain that was. I could have stopped at a truck stop all night, got up, fuelled and showered, then got there for 7am. Well I got to have a lay in, but that ment I had to stop in the day for fuel and my shower. I’d rather do that first thing before I set off for the day, so the only stop I normally make, is once for the bathroom and make my lunch time sandwiches, which takes 10mins then its straight back in the seat and off I go again. The only other reason I stop is to go grocery shopping about once a week. I usually go to a Walmart, or Target, but only ones I can see from the Highway, as I quickly look to see if there are any other Semi‘s in the parking lot. I know I can get mine in then.

Once loaded, it was back up to the Great White North. At one point about hundred miles south of Memphis, it only took fifteen minutes to go from 21 degrees down to 11 degrees, which then by the next day was down to minus again as I enter back into Canada. I off loaded and reloaded at the same place, then back to Woodstock I went. I was short on US driving hours but had plenty Canadian driving hours, so for the last couple of days before it was home time again, I just went to Halifax, Nova Scotia, to Waterville NS back to Halifax, to Belledune, NB, Inkerman, NB back to Woodstock, then Moncton, NB, Hartland NB then back to Woodstock and home, getting back Thursday afternoon. weather was that nice I got the BBQ out and friends came round.

Friday was just a lazy day, starting off like this,

snow mostly gone except for St Johns river behind our house is still frozen, but then in the evening it only took three hours to get like this.

Saturday morning, we ended up driving through snow just to get the car out of the garage. We was going down to Bangor, Maine to stay the night, which is just over 2hrs away. Lots of shopping malls but one day was not enough to get round. We had to be back for my eldest sons birthday party Sunday. It had warmed up again melting a lot of the snow.

Now its back on the road again Monday. Hopefully going somewhere really hot again. This time ive packed for it just in case. Free Emoticons So till next time, Buy for nowww Free Emoticons

The US Part
The Canadian Part
Both total 6150 miles over 11 days
This is the St Johns river an hour and half east of Woodstock
This is how much snow was left up the east cost of New Brunswick
before it started again Saturday
Houston, Texas
The 18 mile Bridge in Grosse Tete, Louisiana
A Bit of Colour Down south

2 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Nice sunny break for you mate.

The TV company is advertising in the UK forums, do you think the drivers doing teh 200 mile a day supermarket runs will apply?
Drive safe.

Driver Dave said...

Yep im sure they will, but if they have not done flat bed before, I dont think they will get picked. Sounds like fun though