Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Sunday 27 September 2009

I-75

billboards on side of highway in states

rush hour coming out of Calgary. glad i was going in lol :-)
Well we got our reload straight after me finishing my blog. It was a collection in Olds Alberta, which was an hour and half out of Edmonton going south towards Calgary. It was going to Chilliwack in British Columbia. But the delivery was for Monday and we could have been there in 12 hours. So we just had to take it to our yard in Calgary. Then we had to collect an empty trailer. Take it to our collection and switch for a preloaded trailer at our next collection in Calgary. But that was not till 10pm their time. 1am our time. So more waiting about. Not a good day for earnings at all. We only did about 135 miles all day. It was the first time that has happened though. Just make sure it’s the last lol. Once collected, we had one delivery to make in Regina on the way. Then the other part of the load we was just dropping it off at our Winnipeg yard for them to deliver later. We switched for a load going to Minerva Ohio, which is about 1200 miles from Winnipeg. Again a little hanging about as we can do that trip in 1 day which meant we would arrive 8hr early. So here I am sat at the flying J killing time while the traffic round Chicago calms down before we set off again. I think I will go and have the buffet for the third day in a row…..only have 3 plates full and a pudding though again. Got to watch the waist line lol im a sucker for buffets. Have to get my moneys worth…and the rest lol. Cant stop till I cant move lol well you don’t have to when you are driving. Well the I-75 to the border is so bumpy, its like been on one of those machines at the gym that throws you around. That would exercise it off. Lol I was thinking last night I must video me in the seat as we go down that road next time. You will be shocked on how much I get thrown about. Glad it was Bernie in the bunk and not me lol. Our seats not only do they go up and down with the bumps on like air suspension. They also go forward and back too. I must have looked like I was riding rodeo lol. Then soon as you cross the boarder into the states. Its like been in a boat on a milk pond lol I need to find a small stand to put me camcorder on though first so I can video it and post it on here.


Anyway the buffet awaits :-)

4 comments:

mickfly said...

Shame you didn't get to Chiiwack, there's a good fish and chip shop there.

Driver Dave said...

dame it i do miss chips and peas lol not found any decent yet lol

mickfly said...

They fry in dripping, it smells just like a Yorkshire chip shop!

Driver Dave said...

i always loved the fish and chips for linga longa in skeggy lol brilliant