Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Sunday 7 March 2010

Back running single again.

Well I made the collection and off to Hearst we went 660 miles away. Gets there and sent the message, ETA on the other truck. Gets one back, carry on to Winnipeg. I was not impressed. I don’t think they had intentions of switching us, even when an eastbound team pulled in at the side of us, so off to Winnipeg we went. Luckily after we left New Brunswick, the weather was clear skies and dry roads all the way to Winnipeg, except a couple of flurries near Longlac. We then switched for a load going to Plano, Illinois, which is near Chicago. We stopped at Fargo, North Dakota to fuel and shower etc. when I got back to the truck, we had a message to switch in St Cloud, Minnesota, for an urgent load going back to Toronto. That was good as we was going to be 12hr’s early for Plano anyways. Then from Toronto, we got a load back to Woodstock to drop Ion off as promised. We got back about 4am. It was great to finally get my truck back to myself. we did do some excellent miles though. 1200miles a day, so was not a bad week really.

I was not expecting a reload till the morning, but when I handed my paperwork in for the trailer I just brought, he gave me my reload straight away. Great I could get straight off as the night shift in the shop had just gone home and the day shift was not due in till 6am. So could skip that and go. That was till I scaled the load to find it was only a few pounds short of 80,000lb which is the max you can take into the states. Canada you can carry more, so the trailer wheels was not in the right place to balance the load, neither was the fifth wheel. It took nearly an hour to find the right balance for the drive wheels and the trailer wheels, but the only way it would do that was to have 100lb to heavy on the front wheels. My fuel tanks where only half full at that, so I had to keep running the tanks down to nothing before just filling them less than half full to keep the weight down. Had I been here before I would have known there was no scales to cross once I got in the states as a thousand miles of the route was through Canada anyway. The other two hours was in the states, so all that hassle I had, I could have just left the trailer alone. Anyway that brings me to where I am now. Lansing, Michigan, waiting for the morning to off load. So time for bed. Till next time, have a nice day.


Notice the snow is starting to melt in most places, gone in others.



This is Ontario, the snow has already gone here. hopefully its that last we see of it, but i won't hold my breath. its too early yet.
Must be getting warm, the first splat on my windshield this year
These are the new trikes they have here. No point having two wheels, your not allowed to filter down traffic here anyway. 

1 comment:

Alan Douglas said...

I found out about the "no filtering" on a bike when I hired a Harley in Vegas. I filtered a good couple of miles down to the Hoover dam, by which time I had a convoy of locals behind me... Cops gave us all a warning. Rules like that are more like guidelines anyway.... Abit like the daft speed limits over here.