Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Thursday 18 March 2010

Hospital Trip

Well the logs never got moved. The ground is really soft with the frost melting out of the ground so I would have needed wellies (Canadians don’t recognise that word lol) not sure if mine made it to Canada or not. We are having unusual nice weather, even though it was only about 7 degrees, which without wind is nice and warm, on the Friday we decided to take the kids to the park. We was there a while having a great time till my eldest tripped on some plastic stepping stones, bashing his chin, splitting it open, and the more he cried the bigger the split got. So off to hospital we went. He his a very bright boy and knew exactly what was coming. He was not going to let it happen either. He kept getting up asking the doctor what he was going to do. The doctor turn out to be one of our neighbours. As he would not keep still. They ended up wrapping him up like a baby and holding him down so they could put four stitches in him. He put up a fight but was ok once they had finished. He got a great big banana split from Dairy Queen out of it and he polished it off too. Now we will have matching scares. I was about 12-13 when I did mine though.

My truck did not get back till Saturday afternoon, so it was tea time before I was getting back in. I managed to have my inverter fitted so I could put my Microwave in the truck and start and save a lot of money on food while im on the road. Next thing will be a fridge. It is real easy to spend $150 a week on food and I only have two meals a day just to save some money. So I’m already saving loads on food. It his tempting though every time I go into a truck stop to have a buffet meal or a big fat 18” pizza, but so far I have been good and cooked what I had in the truck. Sometimes its not easy parking a big truck in a supermarket car park though, but its not unusual to see either.

Anyway my first load was to Chicago, which was just over 1300 miles, but I had to be there by 6am Monday morning. So as always it was the night shift for two nights getting there on time. Now I have my own truck I cant do like I did when I was slip seating and max out my hours each day. So I do not run out of hours early, I should only average 8.75 hours a day in the States. Canada you can do more. Because I only had two nights to get there I had to do the US maximum of 11 hours each night to get there, so already I was running out of hours. My reload I expected to go back to Canada, but I had to do a switch at a customers and take a load down to La Vergne, Tennessee. Excellent I so prefer driving in the states. My reload was in Batesville, Mississippi which was four hours away but in the direction I need to go as it was going to Winnipeg. Luckily I had three days to get it there and I was still doing the night shift, I was still doing to many hours just to get me to the truck stops I wanted to stop at. So by the time I reach Sioux Falls, South Dakota, I only had 19 hours left to do over three days, and I knew my reload was going to bring me right back into the States, which would mean I would run out of hours. Well I was due to arrive tonight, a day early, so I let dispatch know, I was taking 24hrs off and setting off tonight and get there early in the morning. They could see it made sense, so that’s where I am now, but should get some sleep before I set off so I’m off, till next time, night night.

Entry and exit ramps here are like going round a roundabout. They all have speed limits on everyone of them. If you don’t follow that and go to fast. This is what happens. It was one thing they drilled into me when I was training, as i never slowed down enough at first
This women met the side of a van
He had a rottweiler dog in that truck. No one was going to nick his truck lol. I don’t know how people can take pets with them. The trucks must smell well nice. ..Not lol I notice women are the worst for it. I pulled at the side of this women’s truck the other day. She had the biggest fluffy cat sat on the dash I have ever seen. Cat litter trays in an house is bad enough but in a truck Wow I just could not do it. lol
Un-Marked Cop car
I think this was a Baseball Stadium in Kansas City
Somewhere in Missouri
Thats World of Fun in Kansas City

No comments: