Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Sunday 21 March 2010

Snow....Again

Well I had my 24hr off and set off about 2am, getting to the yard to drop my trailer then they gave me another to deliver in Winnipeg. Wow it was cold in Winnipeg, still in the minus and Emma told me it was +15 degrees in Woodstock. I do remember watching the temps in each province last winter before we came out and Winnipeg was the coldest throughout, except northern Canada of course. Once I was empty it was down to Carman, MB to reload going straight back to Le Vergne, Tennessee. Because I have to preserve my hours now so I never run out. It meant I had to do three over nights again, so I have been setting off at midnight local time then sleeping late afternoon till time to set off again. Yesterday I got to Sioux Falls again. They had got flood watch in South Dakota. The fields was flooding with the melting snow and over flowing into the roads.


Sun rise over South Dakota

Today I drove nine hours straight to Warrenton, Missouri. Where I am now, Then tonight I will drive to the customer for delivery in the morning. I got a bit of a shock by the time I reached just before Kansas City. They had had a lot of snow. Luckily the roads was clear but black ice in places. At first I kept looking at the snow thinking was it there the other day. Driving at night in the US or Canada is not easy as 98% of roads do not have street lights or cats eyes in the road etc. The painted lines do not reflect either so all you can see is what your lights show. So at first I was not sure if I was just seeing what was left or fresh, till I got to the city where the streets had lights. Wind was bad too. I was having to steer into the wind just to go straight. I soon slowed down when I went down this hill where the roads started to be wet and this bridge was just black ice. I was half hour away from here before I had passed all the snow. I thought I had seen the last of it, but nope. There was more cars in the ditch, I lost count after about 40. Anyways time I was asleep again so will leave you with a few more pics.
That one is not going to be easy to get out. some while it was really dark was on their side.


Two cars here



No comments: