Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Friday 26 March 2010

Mix Up

Well I got to my delivery a couple of hours early the following morning, so had to wait till my appointment time. Once off loaded, my reload was 40 miles down the road in Lebanon, Tennessee. Got there only for them to take 4hr to load me. Which meant I was out of hours by the time I was done. Luckily there was a little truck stop at the end of the drive so I stayed there. I needed to weigh the truck but could not do it in my off duty time, so planed to do it when I got up about 2am only to find them closed. What a bummer. So I took a chance and went to the Flying J in Franklin, Kentucky. I knew I would be ok for overall weight, and the weight on my drive wheels as the truck tells me. So I was pretty sure I was safe. The load was going to Toronto. I planed on stopping in London, Ontario, but that was only an hour and half from our yard so dispatch wanted me to carry on. I then had to wait up for someone to fix my satellite GPS on the truck as it kept going wrong and dispatch would know I was moving because they can see how fast the truck is going all the time, but did not know where I was. The guy finally turned up at 9pm, I had been up since 2am. So was well tired. My reload was going back to Woodstock. I was not looking forward to that. That night they had shut the 20 off due to a bad accident in the snow in Quebec. They had a real bad storm. I got a message, once I got back did I want to go home. I had already told them, I didn’t want to go home till the 31st as I wanted to be home for my sons birthday, so said no I will continue on. When I got back yesterday, they wanted me to go to West Virginia for delivery today. I had the hours but when Joe asked me what hours I had left, he miss understood what I meant. So he thought I had not got the hours. Anyway with the mix up. I said I would go home. The fleet manager was not happy as Joe was screaming at him to get someone to get in my truck to take the load, while im off. Least I will know how to explain it to him next time, so there is no mix up. The pain is I will now miss my son’s birthday even though Joe did say he will try and get me back to see him. Instead we are going to do something while I’m off. So I better get dressed as he is due home from school soon, so till next time, have a nice day. Free Emoticons

This was Ontario nice and sunny, then...

2hr later in Quebec
lots of snow again
They have these Sandwich vans here too, but in Quebec they are permanently fastened up to those sheds to make snack shops at rest area’s
That train to the right was a mile long
Oooops
Thats what you call an RV trailer
Shadow of my truck on a tanker as we pass

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the brill photography and your time to do this blog

Driver Dave said...

your more than welome, i enjoy doing it. It helps others learn about the way of life round here. i learned from other peoples blogs so wanted to do my bit also.
enjoy
Dave