Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Thursday 25 June 2009

Day Cab Duty

So lets update you so far.



Well Monday I was back on the day cab duties same old same old, but it was a 15 hr day. I was tired by the time I had got home. But as always I still did not go to bed till 10 that night and was still up 2am. Had fun that morning. Rang the cab to come and get me. Now they normally tell me how long they are going to be but this guy did not. 45mins later I had to ring him again to see where he was. 5mins later he turned up. Just before the cab turned up, some of the boys was just coming home from a night in the bar while they are on their days off. Anyways got to the yard just to catch Mark hooking the trailer up so had to fly down to Oromocto just to make sure we got there in time. If you use the cruise control they do 100km per hour but if you use your boot they do 105km per hour when these trucks have a bit of weight on going down hill they can do 95mph its wicked shhhhhhhh Bow Down Before You WAS NOT ME OFFICER. Got there with 4mins to spare. Well Done We did the same routine but only did 12 hours that day. When I'm coming down the gearbox I was still really bad, but as each day goes by I’m improving. Then Wednesday came around. Same again 230am start went in the office to get paperwork and was told I had got a different day cab. Much newer and nicer to drive.








Two of many Brand New Trucks Joining the fleet
International Prostar & Freightliner Cascadea

My gear changers was sooo much better. It was more powerful too so did not looses as much momentum when going up hills. We was done by 1030 that morning after finding out I had another couple of days on the day cab. Hmm The problem with that is, if you go on the day cab. You do not get paid. It is free work. You don’t have to go and do it if you don‘t want to, but it is experience and if you are like me have a problem with the gearbox or even anything else, it is good to practise and I need as much as I can so am doing it. The problem they are having is I’m not allowed to drive in the US till I take my road test so I can only drive in Canada and there is only a hand full that train and stay Canada only, and they all have trainees already with them, so they are trying to juggle things to get me out ASAP. Lets hope that happens in the next day or so. When I got back to the Ayr Motor House one of the lads was going up to Walmart so I got him to drop me at the top of town where all the car dealers are to see if there was something I could afford. All the $10 cars had gone so I was stuffed. Making A Wish I spend that at the KFC instead. They do not have the boneless chicken here so I had to settle for the 4pcs meal for $10 the coleslaw was lime green, but really nice. I did glow in the dark after though. Happy It had been raining all morning. I was beginning to think I had brought the rain from the UK as that’s all it as done since I got here except 2 days. So no sooner as I was dropped off. The sun came out and it was red hot. 27 degrees but they said felt like 31 degrees. Where I was is 5 miles from the house so I walked it back. Wearing dark clothing didn’t help. Sweaty I had to get in the shower when I got back I was that hot. I did take a few pic’s on my way home though for you to see how nice it is here.

You would not believe that this pic is took stood next to the shops in the town centre. it’s the St John river.

These houses our just 3 of the houses on the main road that runs straight through Woodstock. This is how nice they are. don’t get me wrong there is some old ones but over all this is what you expect to see around





One thats For Sale 4 Bed 2 1/2 Bath $157,900


Nice Car

Nice licence Plate

Today I have been in the day cab again in hot weather again. It was 20 degrees at 5am. Then tomorrow I’m on the day cab again. Hopefully after that it’s the highway trucks for me. So till then Moony 1

6 comments:

mickfly said...

Dave, forgive me if I seem a bit thick, but, do you mean that if you are driving around in a day cab you get no pay whatsoever?

joe said...

Great pics ,,,and great story and well said to,,,the best written blog yet dave straight to the point and not to long not like other blogs i could mention,,

THE CROW said...

Great blog davy, and well put

Dave Caldwell said...

Dave, you said in your posting that all work ina day cab is unpaid!! Do they not even pay you by the hour? If not are you telling me that you have been doing 15hr days starting in the middle of the night for nothing!!!
Nice company mate!!!

Driver Dave said...

cheers guys and yes doing the day cab is totally free because they only need one person to drive them and as i am going out with that person, they are not going to pay two people to do a one mans job. thats why they say i do not have to do it if i don't want to but i need the practice ready for my road test so thats why i do it. It it a pain not getting paid but i just see it as a mate is letting me have some free lessons in his truck while he sits there giving me pointers but the catch is i have to do it when he is on the road.

mickfly said...

I understand your reply to Dave C, but surely they could have let you sit in for a few hours a day with a city driver?

I did say it would be interesting hearing from someone who drives in a different part of Canada, as 'most'Brit bloggers are with H&R.