Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Thursday 18 June 2009

Test day

This is our head office




International Eagle



International Eagle & Freightliner Cascader in the shop



Just a few pictures I took while waiting to pee in a cup



Foggy Day till 9am then lots of sun

Nice Classic didn't get phone out fast enough to take Picture

Well its good Newsssssss, Roll I passed all 5 theory tests and the practical brake adjustment, Woohoo! now im just sat around at the house waiting for a phone call now to see when im off out on the road with my practical trainer. The person they have in mind is due back in the yard at Ayr Motor any time now. So locking myself up in my room with my computer and books have paid off. Since I have been here (9 days) wow seams longer, I have not gone anywhere other than important things like getting bank account and licence etc and a couple of times been taken to the store to get food. The longest venture out I have had was the other day. It was pee in a pot day. I was told to be there at 8am. It was the first time I had seen fog here. I thought it was just because I had got up earlier than I had done before since I got here. Happy Its only down the road so I walked it down and was bang on time. For those of you that know me….yes on time. Fainting No one was there, typical, im on time and they are not. Anyways time ticks on then the company turn up next door about ten to nine. They kindly made a phone call for me, and was told she would be there in 20mins. Now in Canada they are so laid back like me, so that means double........ 9:45 she finally rolls up and had not got a clue I was coming but was sorted anyways. Got back to the house and rang the office to be told they are just about to pick me up to take me for a drug test. I said “what another” they had forgot they had told me to be there at 8. Anyway they took a couple of other guys for random one’s also then took me to the office so I could be shown the practical brake adjustment & practice on it.
So that brings us up to date. So now I have got to start and learn my pre-trip practical that you take on the day you take the driving test, so while im waiting for the phone, I better get started on that. So buy for now Waving

4 comments:

THE CROW said...

Well done dave

Driver Dave said...

Cheers mate well pleased

mickfly said...

Nice one Dave, don't worry about the actual driving stuff, you'll p**s it, just don't keep doing the European rolling give ways at stop signs lol.
It'll be interesting to read your adventures from a different part of Canada.

Driver Dave said...

you tell me that now about the stop signs after i rolled over everyone of those fighting for a gear today lol