Drivers Wanted




Drivers Wanted......Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted...... Drivers Wanted

If you are an experienced Class 1 Truck Driver, and you think you have what it takes to become an hard working North American Truck Driver, capable of doing over 500 miles a day.

Ayr Motor is interested in you.

Email me with you name and I will gladly send you more details. Allow a few days for reply.

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Finally here in Canada

Fredericton Airport
Halifax airport

Above Halifax Nova Scotia






Halifax Airport




last UK Truck I drove





Last trip i did to Chepstow







second to last trip to Selby





New Brunswick

Well im finally here in Woodstock NB Canada. Roll What a busy 3 weeks I have had getting the house ready to rent etc before I was to fly out. The time went so fast and I moved so slow, Wakka Wakka it did not get all done so that’s left to the wife now (sorry baby) You Are The Woman

I flew out yesterday where my journey started out on the bus at 0125 in the morning. That took me to Gatwick arriving at 0650 then off to check in. First in the queue seeing as they did not open till 0755. My flight was at 1155 which took off on time. that’s where I had a little accident. Shy Whistler I had forgot that you should not take carbonated drinks on flights. I wondered why they had a offer of £2 for two. We had only just took off and I decided to open one……bad mistake…….fizzed right over into my lap. Blushy Looked like I had wet myself and I was sat on leather seats so no soak away. The couple next to me got me loads of tissue but I was soaked by then. Just after the captain said it was 5 hours 36 mins flight to Halifax where we was to drop some passengers then carry on to Fredericton. Least I had time to dry before i needed to get up. Woohoo! Anyways we landed early in Halifax so had to sit around for over an hour before we could set off to Fredericton. That took 36 mins. Fredericton airport is the smallest airport I have ever seen. Shocked It just looked like a small industrial unit in the middle of a field. I was only on a A310 plane and that was bigger than the building. There I met Jessica my chauffeur. Hi Well she is one of the German drivers wives really. Jessica usually gets the job of meeting us immigrants at the plane and taking us to the company house where we stay while we do our training etc. so good of them to have a facility like this. Some of the drivers that do not have there own place say in the house on their off days also.
Well till yesterday I had never set foot in Canada before, and even the many hours of research I had done, still did not give me the full picture of what its like here. Now looking on a map of Woodstock does not give you the slightest picture of what it really looks like. Everything is just so far apart. You need a car just to go to the shops. Luckily another UK dude called at the house, he lives down the road, been here a year. He offered to take me shopping etc (cheers Nigel) very nice of him. Happy Turned out he was on the same plane as me. Had gone to UK for a couple of weeks. I had not brought any bedding and things as I could not get it in my bags. I booked my plane through Canadian Affair. Nice and cheap for those of you looking to visit. But the down side is you only get to bring 20kg luggage $9 per kg over and 5kg hand luggage. Sad My bags was at the max. wish I had brought my bedding now as it would have been cheaper to pay the excess than buying the sleeping bag I got. Im not up on prices of sleeping bags in the UK but here mine cost $65 that in pounds was £37.57. Then when I got back realised I still did not have a pillow, so had to go without. Perturbed

So today I went to fill in lots of paperwork at the office. Bumped into Nick (I met nick back in January when he was over in the UK on vacation. that’s when we met up to talk about me and my family coming over to work and live in Canada.) He was sat in the yard teamed up to warren. Another UK driver who came over earlier this year. Then I met some of the workshop crew, nice bunch of guys, Bow Down Before You (you have to keep them sweet so if you have problems they get you back on road asap) where I was shown round a couple of trucks etc and shown some of the information that I need to know for my written test that I will be taking soon. Then it was back to the house for steak and beans. It was the biggest steak I have ever had. For $5 It was an 18oz sirloin, beautiful. Bounce . Now im stuffed typing this.
Anyways time I got some studing done ready for my test so off I go till next time.

4 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

It'll be interesting to follow your progress in that part of Canada, but the smilies are a pain lol.

Mick.

Driver Dave said...

I dont know what you mean lol

mickfly said...

Your page is full of 'smileys', with a great big advert for them at the bottom of the post.
As I don't allow scripts on my browser, it mucks up the page for me, and puts me off reading.

Driver Dave said...

Sorry about that I will try and find still ones as I feel its better they are there due to my personality. Im a fun person and straight forward typing to me is just no character.